Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/beer-pancakes/
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 cup of beer
- Preheat your non-stick frying pan to medium heat
- In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients.
- Add vinegar, then beer… and whisk until blended
- Pour 1/4 of the mixture into non-stick frying pan
- When bubbles start to appear, flip pancake until both sides have been browned.
- Do not over-mix – a bit lumpy is better than flat
- You won’t taste the vinegar. Its role is to make the pancakes fluffier, when it reacts with the baking powder