This recipe is very similar to my regular beer bread, but with the added goodness of pumpkin. The big, orange gourd is a great, low calorie source of vitamin-A, calcium, copper, potassium and phosphorous.
3 cups flour (I used all-purpose flour)
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 – 12-ounce bottle of beer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9×5-inch bread pan
- Stir flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, honey and pumpkin puree together in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Stir in beer until smooth.
- Bake for 60 minutes
- Let bread rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Sifting the flour makes for a lighter, fluffier loaf.