This province is blessed with amazing craft beer, and I intend to prove it.
Once a month at Tequila Bookworm, I’m guiding lively, interactive and educational sessions, using Ontario craft beer as course material.
Over three hours we touch on everything from:
- How to make beer part of your healthy lifestyle
- Proper pouring, serving, tasting and storage
- Beer as a kitchen ingredient
- Ontario’s fascinating beer history
- Why beer is the most consumed alcoholic beverage in Canada (by far)
- How craft beer is reviving an otherwise sagging industry
- This province’s beers, in context with what’s happening elsewhere
- Beer as a crucial piece of the economy
Who is this geared towards:
- Craft beer converts
- Craft beer curious
- Craft beer tourists
Location: Upstairs at Tequila Bookworm (512 Queen Street W., at the corner of Queen & Portland)
Price: $30.00 each, which includes:
- eight excellent tasters of Ontario craft
- samples of food made with Ontario craft beer
- prize(s) for trivia winner(s)
NOTE: This is not a Tequila Bookworm event, so please be prepared to pay cash.
- Thursday, July 24th – 6:30 p.m.
TO CONFIRM YOUR SPACE (limited to 15 participants per session), please email brewscribe @ gmail.com
Testimonials from past participants:
“Kind of fell in love with beer. As an avid wine drinker, that says quite a bit.” – Billie Chiasson, Toronto
“I’ve personally never met an individual with more passion for beer. From its emergence in ancient Mesopotamia right up to today, Dan has immersed himself in the history of beer and beer making and is driven to share his vast knowledge with the aim of improving everyone’s understanding and enjoyment.” – Paul Crivellari, Toronto
“A fun, informative session with a knowledgeable and personable host. Great for those who want insights into beer, while getting to sample some great brews.” – Yvonne Cheung – Toronto
“Knowledgeable and engaging. Dan gives just the right amount of material to be educational but allow for a lot of fun and beverage enjoyment” – Ben Somers, Toronto
“The session was very informative, I learned a lot about the history of brewing and the world of Ontario craft brews. Dan eagerly relayed his in-depth knowledge and was a fun and gracious host.” – Paul Haynes, Toronto
I’m the founder of Love ON Beer (#LoveONBeer) and the Toronto Beer Run (#RunTOBeer) and one of the most passionate advocates for opening up Ontario’s liquor retail system to fair and honest competition. I’m also a Prud’homme Certified Beer Specialist